Is anybody out there?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by karlas, Aug 9, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

come on guys some one has got to have someting to do with fresh water besides me and matt. even if you had an old tank you want to talk about or post old pics that would be cool

hehe i got sometin to add my cat likes water plays in it all the time, you wake up walk through the kitchen have a pair of socks on and WHOO HOOO get soaked socks wakes ya up quick lol just a funny story

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

The last time I had a FW tank was in 1964 when it was a bowl of guppies and goldfish with marbles on the bottom. No wonder they were belly up in no time, eh?

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I used to have a few really nice freshwater tanks. Most were heavily planted, and run with bog systems for filtration. I used a homemade sediment settling chamber for them as well. I just couldn't do enough with freshwater, as far as amount of diversity. I ditched all of them, as well as the frogs, for my salt addiction and haven't looked back. Well actually, I want to do a river tank with some local trout, but I'll need a chiller, so thats out form now.

5. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

those river tank set ups are awesome. one store i go to for my supplies has one set up with a few salamanders, small turtle, and a couple of small fish on the deep end of it. if i had the room i would consider setting someting up like that. maby add a frog or 2 that would be someting different just to have

craig
    wow 1964 thats a long time. i stil have my beta but the last fw tank i had was my albino tiger oscar i thought he was awesome. very nasty fish though he wasnt afraid to chase anything

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Karla, did you oscar pass away, or did you pass him along?

7. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

Actually the heater in the tank malfunctioned when i was at work and it made the tank way to hot and thats what happened to him.

8. Click Here!

9. Gaspare

Gaspare Astrea Snail

Hi there I am new to salt water aquariums. But I have lots of fresh water experience. I have a 75gal silver dollar tank, 45gal angle tank and a 15gal platie tank. I have tried al sorts of fresh water fish from gold fis to pirannas. But I have always loved the look of salt water tanks. What kind of fish do you have? :)

10. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

[quote author=karlas craig
    wow 1964 thats a long time. i stil have my beta but the last fw tank i had was my albino tiger oscar i thought he was awesome. very nasty fish though he wasnt afraid to chase anything[/quote]

Yes I was seven then! A tail end baby boomer. not 29 anymore.

:) :D ;) ;D :eek: 8) ::)

11. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

Gaspare
    for fresh water i only have my beta now but for saltwater i have clowns, gobies, blenny, chromis, cardinal, mandarin

i do help my brother take care of his tank sometimes hes got gromies, tiger barbs, goldfish ive been trying to talk him into plants but he wont do it

12. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Karla, lucky he didn't suffer the other heater wrathe. You know the one, smack-crack-fizzle-bake, the most common of large aggresive fishes fate, the biting of the heater, breaking it, and dying by electicution.