iPhone 4, or iPhone 4S with iOS6

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Seano Hermano, Sep 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I currently have a Doird 2 and want to switch over to an iphone. I've had my current phone for 2 years now and just want something different. (This thread is not to debate android or apple, that decision has already been made. :).

With the release for the new iPhone 5, prices have been lowered on iPhone 4 and 4S devices (as protocol with all new APPL releases). The iphone 4 is now available for $0 (on apple website) with a 2 year contract (I have Verizon). Or the 4S is available for $99, [STRIKE]or I can upgrade the 4S to iOS6 for another $49[/STRIKE] with free iOS6 upgrade from iOS5.

I already know I don't want to get the 4s unless I upgraded. While I'm sure it would be extremely convenient, Siri alone on iOS5 is not worth the additional cost to me. I have read many reviews of the new iPhone and iOS6, but am still not sure what more can be done with iOS6 that I can't already do on an iPhone 4 (aside from the update to Siri and maybe passbook). I don't have a macbook, so any cloud type upgrades won't be of use to me at this time.

Should I get the iPhone 4 now, or get the 4S with upgrade in December?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

4. mattb57

mattb57 Banned

My dad has a 4 and my sister has a 4s. Go with the 4s the camera is great and it seems just to run smoother altogether

5. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

You should at least wait until the iPhone 5 is released. It may have features that you really like, and you may regret buying early. I personally would not buy any phone these days that's not capable of getting 4G speeds.

6. Seano Hermano

I'm not sure I want to spend $200 on a new phone again. It does look very sleek though, and the bigger screen is nice.

My sister has the iPhone 4, and I actually think I might prefer the screen dimensions over the newer widescreen model.

7. Seano Hermano

iPhone 5 will be available for sale in most places on Sept. 21.

LTE would be nice, but few networks in my area have 4G coverage.

8. Click Here!

9. GSUBiology

GSUBiology Feather Duster

I currently have the iPhone 4, there isn't really much difference between the phones.
    I'm honestly getting Iphone 5 just for the sake of a new phone. ( plus siri, and LTE since iphone 4 doesnt have it).

I currently can do a lot more with my iPhone 4 than the iPhone 5 will be able to do. Minus Siri. However, it is perhaps at a bit slower pace. ( it is jailbroken).

10. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

price drop will be crazy after iphone 5 is out. so just wait till it comes out. then get the 4s.

11. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I think it's the same width, just taller. That's how the pics I have seen depicted it.

12. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Siri is a BS gimick that doesn't work anything like advertised. I hate that woman.