io rc, tropic marin pro reef,or red sea coral pro

Discussion in 'Salt' started by wesley p, Aug 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wesley p

wesley p Flamingo Tongue

Which is best for sps tanks? I am torn and would like more opinions. I know theres alot out there. Please help

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

1 person likes this.
  4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

+1 buy whats on sale and near you, IO/reefcrystals are usually on sale at Drs fosters and smith with free shipping. You'll have plenty of time to research and switch before you get SPS anyways if you choose to.

1 person likes this.
  5. yvr

yvr Skunk Shrimp

I've been using Tropic Marin Pro Reef for just over a year and a half. I am definitely happy with the salt. I've actually noticed much better colours from my sps especially in a Hydnophora colony that I've had for 3 years. Turned from a pale green to an amazing bright fluorescent green after 2 months on using TM pro reef.

6. toua

toua Flamingo Tongue

I've used all of the above salts, I do not see any noticeable growth with any. I started the hobby with IO and have ended back with it. TM does the same as IO for me but costs more, RSCP is the medium of the two but I've had nothing but issues with mixing it. It seems that for some people it mixes fine but I went through 3 full buckets with the same results. Also leaves residue, always leaves film, always mixed cloudy, always have to scrub down my 5 gallon bucket, mj12, and heater after about 2 mixes. Always the same cut and paste answer from RS and asking me how I mixed so I stopped using it. The salt itself cloudy or not cleared up in my system and I do not show any ill effects.