Inverts attackin seahare?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Toallhisdoom, Mar 30, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Got a seahare yesterday to eat some hair algae I have. He was zipping around pigging out then my cleaner shrimp jumped on him and started picking at the things butthole. I shewed it away and then my xl nassarius snails (like 8 of them) piled on the back of the thing. It couldnt really move very well at this point from all of them on its back. Is this normal or does it show he is on the way out? Just picked him up from lfs yesterday and within an hour this started happening....

2. Click Here!

3. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

I can understand the cleaner because instinct just kicks in and he just wants the poop! the snails on the other hand I never heard of such a thing. They shouldn't be jumping on him like that less he was dying. They're pretty hardy so I don't see any problem if you acclimated him right.

4. Toallhisdoom

5. Sataly

Should also note that if he is dying it can cause dire problems to your tank. I would remove it immediately if that's the case.

6. Toallhisdoom

Already took back to lfs for a refund. Water params tested perfect. He said like 50% of the sea hares he sells come back dead within a few days.

7. Sataly

Lol I've never had them die on me. It's generally the way they acclimate to our tank waters Is what does them in. not like bad water quality but, they sometime have a hard time adjusting.

8. Click Here!

9. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

Sorry for your loss. Do you know how long the LFS had the it before it was acclimated to your tank?

10. Toallhisdoom

11. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

12. Toallhisdoom