interesting artical

Discussion in 'Salt' started by IceDragon, May 31, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

OK, do you know of any good online sources for Oceanic salt mix.

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

I have been using Marine Environment 2 Part Salt for over a year with super results. FWIW

4. dx7fd2

dx7fd2 Sea Dragon

Reefman, I have found Oceanic online by quickly forgot about it due to the exhorbitant shipping. But I did manage to find the 90gal container at Petsmart for $30. I don' think they have it online yet.
    You can google Oceanic and find their website and do a search for stores carrying the stuff near you. ;)

5. reefman_MC

6. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I got mine at PetSmart and as dx7fd2 said it is around $30.00 or so for enough mix to make 90 gallons

John

7. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Re: interesting article

[quote author=Craig_Manoukian link=board=Salt;num=1086028802;start=15#21 date=06/02/04 at 19:43:50]I have been using Marine Environment 2 Part Salt for over a year with super results.  FWIW[/quote]

I am with John on this one, The guy seems to be covering his tracks here.

Craig ol buddy ol pal I have never seen this salt before and know you have been preaching about it for a long time. I have not found it in any of my LFS so where would one find this salt and info on it?

8. Click Here!

9. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Marine Environment is made 15 miles from my facility. The reason you don't see it at your LFS is, its not distributed by the typical 4 major ones LFS use. Being in the area where it is made, almost all out stores around here carry it. The store I worked at carried it. If you want more info, just do a google for it, he rampant on the web :) Aquacraft is the manufacturer, www.aquacraft.net is his site. In fact, search 3reef, the owner has posted here in the past ;)

10. reefman_MC

A reef buddy of mine told me he heard this same thing a long time ago online and it was a sham. He said marinemix paid good money for the good doctor to say this.

11. IceDragon

IceDragon Bristle Worm

well on the upside if his numbers are correct it provides a pretty close match to SW and as such should allow for the individual to decide the quantity of trace elements they want in their system

12. reefman_MC

Everyone who reads this doesn't need to think they need to go with marinemix. That's all I'm saying. Some of the best looking tanks in the world are run with IO. If I'm not mistaken GARF uses IO and swears by it.