Inland Aquatics Trip Open to IRC Members

Discussion in 'Indiana Reefers Club' started by inwall75, Mar 20, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

SEASL (Saltwater Enthusiasts of St. Louis) has been trekking to Inland Aquatics in Terre Haute, Indiana every year for ages. It's definately fun. We are allowed access to the back facilities where they breed their corals and fish and it's neat to see.

This year, we are getting a big treat. Morgan Lidster (yes, THE Morgan Lidster) has agreed to give us a speech in addition to the normal open house. He's going to speak about algal turf scrubbers as well as post-traumatic shipping disorder, a condition that may be affecting many of the fish arriving in the midwest.

I originally only invited Otty to be a guest due to his closeness to the location (and because he's one righteous dude ;D). However, after talking it over with the SEASL executive committee, your entire club is invited to be guests of SEASL for this meeting.

We should be arriving around 12:45 pm on Saturday, March 24th. Husbands, wives, children are all welcome. Even non-members of your club who are thinking of joining. You just need to let them know you are with SEASL to get access to the other parts of the facility. The map to the location is here. How to Contact Us

If you intend to go, please RSVP our membership director here as soon as possible. [email protected] (It's not a requirement for attendance, but it's helpful).

Here's some neat facts about Inland....

*The facility is the largest recirculating mariculture facility in the world, housing nearly 35,000 gallons of production systems. The entire facility is dedicated to the research and commercial reproduction of ornamental marine fish, hard and soft coral, live rock, live sand, algae and other invertebrates.

*The were the only Authorized Dealer for Walter Adey's Algal Turf Scrubber

*They currently have the largest ATS in the US.

*They have one of the best selection of clean-up crews in the US at reasonable prices

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Almost forgot......

WEAR T-SHIRTS!!!!

It's 100% humidity in there and they are using industrial MH lighting. It's like the Amazon.

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

BUMP for reminder

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I have heard nothing from anyone else but me and the kids are going to get there early and go to the park so I can wear them down if it's not raining. I will call you close to 12:45 and let you know where I am at. Thanks again Curt.