In loving Memory of Six Line Wrasse

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by techno2, Aug 23, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Hello All
    Just wanted to share a , well mostly success story.
    After breaking code, I picked up a butterfly at the LFS, and one week later got Ich, or what I am calling Ich, and died within 24 hrs, while I was trying to figure out what to do. A week went by and I thought I was fine and my six line wrasse got those white dots and again, died within 48 hours. A week later, not my Two-line Monocle Bream has the spots.

Now it was time to fight back. after reading a few threads here, this is what I did.

I took out the Two-line Monocle Bream and soaked in fresh water for 5 minutes. Put back in the tank, no I dont have a Q tank. I have been adding the Novelek - Herbal Ich Attack twice a day after removing carbon and turning the water to 80'.

Well the Monicle doesnt have any spots and he is sifting sand again, and I havnt yet seen the algae get any worse, although I had it to start with.

After a week of this, I will do the filters, media, and 20% water change and bring the temp back down to 78. Lets see if I can win one. So far so good.

When my Oscar in my 50 gallon Cichlid tank came down with some disease and I treated with the heavy stuff, my bio filter went extinct. Let me say, very difficult cycling a tank full of cichlids. Happy to say that everyone made it, well except for Oscar. No it wasnt the disease, I cured him of that. Two days after curing him and re cycling the tank, he ate one of the peppered cories and choked on it.

Anyway just thought I'd pass it on.

2. Click Here!

3. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Don't really know if I should be happy or sad for you...:-/

4. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

:) :-[ Bitter Sweet I guess. Sure I was disappointed to lose, but happy to see that I could save one that was surley doomed.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007