Impulse buys. Are you guilty?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 12, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Impulse buys. Are you guilty?

1. Yes!

21 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. acenia

acenia Spaghetti Worm

I try not to go often to my lfs because it costs me too much..just can't control myself :)

2. Click Here!

3. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

I have an idea that might work for some people, it works for me. Every week put some money in a jar. At the end of the month or week you can spend that money without feeling guilty. I go every month to the LFS and boy do I have fun without feeling guilty or putting stress on my spouse. Try it, you will really feel better about yourself with out the guilt and enjoy what was bought.

4. JeridJohnson

JeridJohnson Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I did not think there was anything else but impulse buys.. The impulse buys are not much of an issue anymore but when you are first setting up is when they are costly... Do the research first... Currently, my impulse buys center around little coral frags..

5. JeridJohnson

JeridJohnson Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

oh yea.. you 4 ppl so far who voted NO are liars ;-)

6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Way to guilty! Do you know how many times i've gone to my lps to fill a bucket with free R/O water and left with up to $100.00 worth of reef stuff@*&%^)^$##$^*((":-! Maybe I feel guilty by leaving with something free. It is like going to the supermarket for a gallon of milk and walking out with 5 bags full of groceries.
    I wish I could invest in pet shops gone public in the stock market so I could get some ROI.
    Now that you got me going Matt, I need to go the lps and get my fix, by getting another piece of coral to help out the Great Barrier reef from another piece of coral dying_sort of restocking the ocean at a future point in time. Yeah, that's it..I'm helping the environment.-another reason to buy something for my tank!!Thanks again Matt(by the way:can I borrow some money)hahahah!!!!!

7. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

I'm like Jason. I've learned from previous mistakes -- buying an anemone that shouldn't have gone into my tank. Later, once I plunked down the cash for a new light, he was fine.

8. Click Here!

9. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Yup...but hey not all impulse buys r bad...like my red scooter dragonet :)