Impulse buys. Are you guilty?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 12, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Impulse buys. Are you guilty?

1. Yes!

21 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I really need to stay away from the fish stores for a while. I seem to ignore my own advise when it come to fish. ::)

I wanted a little diamond goby for my sandbed and one of my local stores had one so I told them to hold it for me. When I got there I realized it was one of a mated pair that were cruising around together. I couldn't bring myself to separate them, so I bought both! Now this would be fine it I had a large tank, but I don't. So I will be feeding a lot of mysis to these guys.

They are cool and already burrowed a home under a rock, but I can't help feeling really guilty.. I guess the answer it to buy a big tank so I can keep everything. hehe .. hmmm. :idea2:

Anyway. Impulse buys. Are you guilty?

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

Guilty as charged!!!
    Most of the time my LFS charges so much that I am turned off from making too many of them :)

Jim

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Guilty...although most of my purchases are impulse i did get my wrasse without researching it..and although its reef safe as of now...as it gets bigger i might have to move him :(

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I've learned my lesson the hard way far too many times in my many years in the hobby. No more impulse buys for me ever....ever ever ever!! :)

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Oh I'm the worst. But now I'm looking for very specific things so I do it less often.
    I've never bought anything that has proven to be bad for other inhabitants but I have bought things I just wasn't equipped to care for correctly.

J

7. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Guilty. I've purchased too many stuff I regret.

8. Click Here!

9. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

I agree with Matt, just get a bigger tank, say 300g!;D

10. Michaelr5

Michaelr5 Coral Banded Shrimp

Absolutly! :-[

I love my black birdwrasse, but now I can't keep any shrimp! Flipper loves them! :eek:

11. telman2010

telman2010 Bristle Worm

I think we're all guilty of this at one time or another. The hammer coral sitting in the corner of my tank was bought on a trip to the lfs to get some Prime.

12. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

Once the bills are paid the kids, husband, and home are taken care of, than no I don't feel guilty. I think of it as my pay as a stay at home mom, mother of 4 small kids, and a wife. Dinner is make every night, the house is clean, and the kids are taken care of.