I'm taking a fragging workshop!!!

Discussion in 'Frags' started by ssgheislerswife, Aug 15, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

I'm pretty excited, tomorrow the local reef club is having a workshop. Part of it is on ampiphods and copepods, but the last hour is a hands-on fragging lesson and we get to keep our frags...

I'll be posting pics soon, I hope!!!

Gin

2. Click Here!

3. nunch

nunch Aiptasia Anemone

not all fraggin' is the same, some corals are much harder than others.

4. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

What a sweet deal!!!!

5. Lucky13dt

Lucky13dt Spaghetti Worm

That sounds pretty cool, have fun!! ;D

6. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I got to do that at a local LFS. I had never even thought about fragging a fraggen coral before....but they had several employees there and they showed us how to do several different types. There was like 5 or 6 customers and they let us select a bunch of different corals from their tank in their warehouse and get actual hands on experience with different tools and such. It was really cool. We then got to take some frags home. I would love to do another workshop like that again.

I have never gone to any of my local reef clubs...actually I know we have them around here I am sure, but dont know when or where. I ought to look into that. I think I have officially become enough of a reef "geek" to join my first club ever. I have just set up my 5th and 6th tank tonight (2 baby sea horse nursery tanks...only 1 actually of the 6 tanks has anything in it right now..other then the dead (dying) monti which does not count) If you saw where I live you would never have any idea where I am placing these tanks!

Anyway, have a great time tomorrow...you will have a blast!

7. ssgheislerswife

I have a girlfriend that all we talk about is our tanks. It's funny when she calls Michael says, "Just tell her we don't have the money!" Anyway, she talked me into joining because all of the LFS in the state give a 15% livestock discount to members and some of them give a 20% livestock discount one day of the week. Let's see, $40 family membership will pay for itself oh in about 3 weeks...

Gin (who really wants a seahorse tank, and will pick your brain immensely soon)

8. Click Here!

9. 1st time

1st time Purple Spiny Lobster

Oh Gin, that sounds like so much fun. Have a good time!!!!!!

10. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Sounds like a great time, I wish Arkansas wasn't sp far away.

11. ssgheislerswife

Well, I need to take pics but I made OUT!!!

We fragged the following; finger leather, pagoda cup, button polyp, branching hammer, frilly mushroom, sinularia, and one long tentacle plate coral.

On the plate coral we drew numbers to see who would get one of the 4 frags. I got one, my friend Dotty got one and Dotty's daughter got one. I would say we lucked out!

I also brought home a pagoda cup frag, a finger leather frag and a kenya tree frag.

Not bad for a $20 workshop.

Gin

12. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I'd say you made a haul! That is soo cool! Plus just doing it once or twice in front of somebody that knows, means the next time you go to do it by yourself will give you the extra confidence!