I'm OUT!!! DONE!! (not for the faint of heart)

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Strickland_673, Jun 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. vphan119

vphan119 Plankton

man, that sucks. i woke up to my overflow being clogged and overflowing my tank and i thought that was bad!!! i hope things work out for the better and you get everything repaired that the water messed up.

2. Click Here!

3. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

He would know if he had an adult peacock mantis in his aquarium, or any other mantis capable of breaking glass. He would have had to put it in himself. They are never hitch hikers.

A rock slide is the only logical explaination. I have never experienced a tank going in this way, but it seems to me that if it were a direct impact on the front glass, by either livestock or something striking the outside of the tank the rocks would stay where they were.

4. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

:eek: Holy crap!!! I am glad I have an acryllic tank. I have to be very careful not to scratch it but the front blowing out is one thing I dont worry about too much. For what it is worth, when you get back up and running let us know, I would be willing to donate a frag of anything I have if you wanted to pay for shipping.

5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I would have to agree it is not possible that a peacock or any mantis would have caused that. It is very rare that a peacock is found as a hitchiker and if it is then it would be small...not capable of doing that.

Plus contrary to what people think, mantis dont just go up and smash tanks usually. Majority of the tanks that you have seen broken from a mantis has either had a crack in it already or a kid teasing it smacking the tank.

6. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

Wow... this sucks.. i have no words.. i am speachless at the pics... sorry to hear

7. Strickland_673

Strickland_673 Fire Shrimp

I may be out of the aquaria world, but I will still be around here to share my limited knowledge with those who will listen!!!

8. Click Here!

9. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Strickland, think of it this way--one door closes and another opens. This is a great opportunity for you to have a fresh start. You won't have to buy LR, lighting, or any of the other very expensive things involved as you already have them all. A great upgrade from a 55 is the 90. It's 48" too, so your lighting will fit just fine. It's also much easier to aquascape, since you have more front-to-back depth.

To make a stand couldn't be simpler. Mine was a total of $22 to build, and Home Depot cut the wood for me. Let me know if you need a how-to on the stand build. Easy as pie.

One door closes, and another opens, buddy!! :)

10. greysoul

greysoul Stylophora

11. JBL

JBL Sea Dragon

:laugh5::laugh5::laugh5::laugh5::laugh5:

12. sen5241b

sen5241b Astrea Snail

I already planning to restack all my LR. Mine is sitting on sand. And just when I said I'd never rearrange the LR again!