illumagic Advance LED Lamps Dazzle MACNA

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The illumagic Blaze Series Advance LED lamp comes from Taiwan and may have been the sleeper LED hit of MACNA. The diminutive 88w 2' versions at MACNA were easy to walk by at the Blau Aquaristic's booth unless you happen to catch the 'lightening' demo as I did. That certainly got my attention. The digital controller is fully programmable with 3 independent channels to handle arrays of neutral / cool white CREE XP-G LEDs, Blue XP-E and even some 400nm UV. The 75 degree lens are stock on the Advance models but can be swapped out. The Advance model can be chained to others via an I/O port. Beyond the daily cycle, the illumagic can even handle weekly events. illumagic is one feature packed LED lamp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[VMEO]23135073[/VMEO]

illumagic specs (ALC version - similar):

• Fixture's width 6", available lengths 18”, 24”, 36”, 48”.
    • Fixture's height; side 1.42" / middle 2".
    • Length of cord from fixture to wall plug; 1.5 meters.
    • Body / Heatsink made out of Anodized extruded Aluminum.
    • Cree XP-G Neutral (~4600K) and Cool (~6500K) White LEDs, Cree XP-E Blue at 470nm, Royal Blue LEDs at 450nm. (3.5V@1,000mA)

Two different LED configurations. White LED dominant S model highlights the intense lumen output which is suitable for keeping high light demand SPS corals. Blue LED dominant C model highlights the specific actinic light spectrum which is suitable for enhancing growth and coloration of LPS corals.

• 50W for 18”fixture / 88W for 24”fixture / 134W for 36”fixture / 180W for 48”fixture.
    • Thermo-sensitive cooling fan. The rotation speed is auto controlled by built-in temperature sensor (ALC version only)
    • Built-in timer and automatic light controlling (ALC) system: adjustable lighting period from 4-20 hours, four daylight modes with sunrise / sunset period. Lightening effect in cloudy mode. Three manual setting (color temperature) light mode. Night mode with moonlight (ALC version only)
    • Supplied with hanging kit and mounting legs.
    • 1 year manufacture warranty.

The current USA/CANADA distributor of the illumagic is Marinetech:
    Marine Tech Innovations

The only USA store I know of that has them is Reef Encounter USA in New Jersey or you can order the older 'ALC' version directly from Reef Concept:
    Reef Concept - Illumagic - Illumagic Blaze ALC - M-45C - Aqua Illumination

illumagic Web site:
    Illumagic Opto - Professional LED Lighting Fixtures - HOME

2. Click Here!

3. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

That first vid made my ears bleed.
    Kind of look like the maxspect G2s with a big fan on top. I really like the way they are using multiple colors of LED like the Radion. Looks like good spread for a 6" fixture too! Pricing? Can we get detail on their ALC thingy?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Hey, it does look a bit like the G2.

Do we have an MSRP on the sizes for the ALC model yet?

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Nice looking units, good variety of bulbs. The distributor has no pricing.

The old ALC is $839 for the 18" to $1799 for the 48".

6. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

Wow. That fixture looks incredible.