If Using Carbon, Give a Look...

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by mikev15101, May 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

I ran into this article Activated Carbon: HLLE Smoking Gun Found | Coral Magazine whole browsing this site and then bouncing around awhile. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this trend in their own tanks at all. I have not seen this to be true with my tank, but it has only been 2+ years.

2. Click Here!

3. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

ya, i saw that article too. there is a thread about it sumwhere on here, it was on the homepage for a bit. it was news to me but a few people seemed to have known about the issue for years.

4. mikev15101

O alright, sorry about that I did not realize it was a duplicate post. I always check the homepage as well I must have missed it....ill browse around more, I feel like all I do is read this forum and I still have yet to cover 10 percent of the material but that s why I keep coming back....

5. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Well, as far as I know, it was speculated, but nobody actually did any scientific study to isolate carbon as a variable.

1 person likes this.
  6. mikev15101

Very good point, this is one reason I had just floated it around to see if anyone else may have seen a trend in their tanks. Mb a poll should have been added or something.