ID This Crab

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Shu, Sep 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to get several opinions before making a decision. Seeing as nobody here has ever done this I can understand the cynicism (please note sarcasm). Now, let's remain civil from hereon out, OK?

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

amen amcarrig. nicely said, and agreeing wholeheartedily. the thread did go off topic, but for the right reasons in regards to personal opinions and experiences. thats my .0217 cents canadian.

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Hopefully pagojoe will chime in and be able to give the original poster a definite i.d.

5. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Perhaps a picture of the crab from another angle would help with the ID?

6. Shu

Shu Astrea Snail

Thank you and I agree . I'm not familiar with the sarcasm in this forum. I will try to snap a pic tonight. I rarely see him so I don't know. Might have to wait till the lights are off not sure.

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I think that looks a lot like it. Good find!!

8. Click Here!

9. Shu

Shu Astrea Snail

If it is that would be cool, but I rather be positive on the id and not risk it. I am going to try and get it out. Anyone know the best way to catch a crab.

10. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

get glass jar and put a piece of food in it then tilt it slitly upwards on a rock. he will get in but not out!!!

11. tigerlily

tigerlily Feather Duster

you're welcome! I'm willing to bet thats what your crab is lol. The ones I have had look EXACTLY like yours. Hope that is the definite ID and if it is your reef will be safe;). But they're hard to find during the day I guess thats the only downside. If its on a rock and hard to get off the rock and you want it off a.s.a.p. just shake the rock out of the water, it'll lose its grip and come off lol EARTHQUAKE!

12. Shu

Shu Astrea Snail

In all honesty it is a really cool looking crab though