ID This Crab

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Shu, Sep 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tigerlily

tigerlily Feather Duster

With fiddler crabs the males have one very large claw where both claws on the female are small and the same size. You can also check on the underside of the crab, the females have a more rounded flap and the males have a thinner pointy flap. I don't know what the "flap" is called exactly lol. When the females have eggs they hold them in that flap until they hatch. Hope all this helps!

2. Click Here!

3. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

actually it was very necessary. Jacwil, you will see that a lot of people don't want the help you give them unless it is the answer that they want. I wasn't being mean, just honest. It's just the way I am. There are three or four posts that the OP made making it sound like they weren't or didn't want to take it out. Just hang around for a while. You'll see.

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

ok I will say this, if it was in my tank with the money I have at stake, I would get it out. It's that simple. Those claws look perfect for grabbing your most expensive fish in the night

1 person likes this.
  5. photo-guy

photo-guy Flamingo Tongue

Now, was that necessary? Jacwil wasn't arguing.

I'm Joking! Just Joking! Hehehe.

6. Jacwil

Jacwil Coral Banded Shrimp

Niiice! :p Good luck Shu...and point taken Daniel...s'all good.

7. Shu

Shu Astrea Snail

Daniel, I never once said that was not taken it out. All I wanted was an id. I stated that links everyone have provided do not look like the crab in my tank. That is all I said. The pics do not do this justice. The crab is the size of a nickel so I dont see it doing much damage until I try to catch it. Oh that is going to be fun. Anyone no how to catch a crab?

Everyone else thank you for your advise and expertise.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
  8. Click Here!

9. tigerlily

tigerlily Feather Duster

I can't find many links but here is one where you can buy them: store.fishsupplyunderwater.com/cbc00-00203.HTML

1 person likes this.
  10. Shu

Shu Astrea Snail

tiger thank you for that. Thats the best id yet

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  11. photo-guy

photo-guy Flamingo Tongue

Daniel, may I ask a big favor? Please do help me if I ever post a similar type of question. I promise to be appreciative.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  12. Shu

Shu Astrea Snail

I do appreciate it . But if I get scrutinized for asking a question then I will ask elsewhere where I am welcome. I was stating the size of the crab. Is it not good to describe as best you can? Oh well I am done. This post is going off base and was not my intention.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009