ID this birdsnest and brain

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

sounds like a good idea

thats also a good idea, i'll try that tomorrow and if it doesnt do anything i'll try to use the method above. i have a turkey baster so i think i'll suck the food up and squirt it right onto the the brain, i turn my vortech on to feed mode, how do you stop the food from floating away before it hits the coral?

my tank is in between those two, i have high flow and light, but not pristine water, my water is pretty steady but not 100% of the time, because of this i think i may have to stick with mostly lps, which lps dont seem too bad, i just think my flow and lighting might piss them off, although my zoas seem to love the high flow/high light

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Keep your calcium around 420 and your alkalinity around 3.5 or higher. That is the dosing thing. You dose often to keep the levels steady.

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

If you keep your LPS in lower flow areas they will be happy. Keep your nitrates below 5 and your phosphates below .05 and you should have no problems with SPS. Of course the closer to zero the better.

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i might have time to test my water tomorrow, if i do i'll test calcium and alkalinity and hope its ok

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Nice additions BTW

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

last time i tested my nitrates and phosphates which was last week *before a 5 gall water change* nitrates were 5 and phosphates were 0 and ammonia and nitrite were also 0 i forget the other results. i think every where in my tank is high flow. I have my zoas on a bottom rock in the middle of the tank, and they get blasted with the flow from the mp20 and mj1200 and they seem to be loving it, which is strange because i thought they hated high flow and that they would close up, but their always open

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

thanks!

10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

My zoas are doing fine in high turbulent zones I have. They took a very short time to acclimate. Params are good no problems for SPS. You might have some spots between rocks where your flow is slower. You can also move you PH so that they are above the rock and clash there. Just aim them parallel to each other from opposite sides of the tank.

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

wish i could move the powerhead but its only there to hold up my filter sock, i would ideally like it in the opposite corner from how i have it, but i can have the sock flapping around all over the place

12. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Can you change the angle the flow is directed? Aim it more to the surface.