ID this birdsnest and brain

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

2. Click Here!

3. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Fair prices for corals that size and color.

Nice purchases, congrats

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hahaha guess that means my tank is finally coming along

thanks, im hoping the white parts on the coral will go back to its normal coloring

5. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

i wanna try sps but i heard its hard ,what do sps need thats different from lps? also are u dosing calcium

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

not really sure on the difference. for now the birdsnest is the only sps i am getting until i learn how do dose clacium, i have a tiny bit of kalkwasser that i bought before to use to kill my hitchhiking GSP but that's it, im kind of confused on the whole calcium dosing thing. i'm hoping with regular water changes the birdsnest will be ok

7. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

make sure you feed that brain coral at least once a week with some shrimp/etc..

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea i've got some frozen mysis/brine. i feed the brine to my fish i just have to try to target feed the brain and at the same time keep the fish from getting its food

10. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

take a 2 liter bottle and cut off the top round part. save cap. use a baster or eye droper and suck up small brine/mysis shrimp and put the 2 liter cap over brain. shoot some food through the top opening, and put cap on. let sit for a couple hours.. I also put little pin holes through plastic bottle so some water could circulate through the bottle..

helps keep the fish away from brain's food. but the fish will wait until you pull it off to eat whats leftover.. ::)

11. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

ive trained my clowns not to go after food put into my frogspawn. everytime they went over to it when it had food i waved the metal tongs close to them to scare them. now they dont do it.

12. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

SPS need very, very clean water and very stable water conditions and higher flow. LPS typically don't require pristine water and most prefer lower light / flow and regular feedings.