Resolved ID needed for new Corals

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by swagger87, Oct 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Well, I posted these pics in my New tank thread, but since no one seems to have any interest in my progress, I'm thought I'd try again and post them here to see if any one can ID them.

CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE THEM
    [​IMG]
    There are 3 different types of mushrooms here.One is a Superman (The bigger one with blue spots) and then there are two red ones that have a purple iridescent shine to them and the third one is red with large bumps forming lines going from the center to the edge like this *

[​IMG]
    Here are some tiny blue flower looking polyps. The taller ones are a light teal color with a dark green stripe in the center (camera didnt capture the exact color) Right in between the two different types of coral is a single dark green and brown polyp.
    [​IMG]
    These orange ones are much more stunning in reality. Much brighter.

Any idea as to what the names of these are would be welcome.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Those are common mushrooms in the first,second is just common palys,and the 3rd on is called either xmen or tequila sunrise zoas.I have all 3 in my softy tank,although some may find them boring or plain,I still think there cool

4. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Other than the superman, the other two types of mushroom are just called common?
    Is there perhaps a name for the three types of palys in the second picture other than Common?
    The LFS guy said the name of the tiny blue flowers, but I can't remember.

5. grinder37

Oh yea,the little blue flowers,now idk what they are,pretty neat though,and on the mushrooms and palys-i've done alot of reading and research on them,most of the time they are misnamed or mislabeled,but no matter what there name is there still in the common catagory.mabey someone will chime in with a specific name,but they could vary from one to another on the names.depending on who chimes in.

6. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I do like the idea of having X-men corals, lol.
    Those little blue flowers are the reason I wanted that rock. The larger polyps were just a plus.
    Thanks Grinder37

7. grinder37

Yea i took a closer look at the blue flowers,and i do like them,but? i have no idea.I have about 4 different colonies of palys that are basically brownish,some greenish,and a little purple,but they all have the same size and similar shape that i don't even try to name,but i do have some zoas that are called xmen(from where i bought them)lolipops,and tequila sunrise,but if i put pics on here,i'd prob get 5 different names for each one!! LOL !! .So just enjoy watching them grow and spread,there nice no matter what there called and extremly hardy.

8. Click Here!

9. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

:D Yeah, I do love them, they're so gorgeous. I really don't care what the proper name is,Its just a nice thing to have in mind, ya know?
    Im really excited because if you look closely at the 2nd pic at the large teal colony, the polyp on the far left is starting to split. Its got two heads that are starting to grow away from each other.

10. grinder37

they take a couple months to settle in and then they start to spread,i got got some as frags with like 2 or 3 polyps,but now theres 15 to 25 or more on each,so you'll really like them.And if nobody Id's the blue ones for you,just send me the whole rock so i can get a better look!!! just kidding :)

11. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Lol. Well.....Ohio's not too far away....maybe when they start to spread I can send you a frag for analysis:p

12. grinder37

the closest i can guess is blue clove polyps??mabey someone can correct me if i'm wrong.If thats what they are they can spread fast too.

1 person likes this.