ID Help please.

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by BillyD, Jun 14, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BillyD

BillyD Feather Duster

I bought some mushrooms to try my luck and they are doing very well. but after about a week i noticed some tenticals comming out of a hole in the rock. they are very thin, and about a quarter inch long. they are mostly white with black stripes, and small spiny things all along them. at first i thought it might be some sort of bristle worm, but there are 6 of them comming out of the same spot, so maybe a young featherduster? They just kinda extend out and wave around a little. and if you tap the stand lightly they recoil. (noticed this when my dog bumped it).

They look almost exacaly like the picture i've attached, but there are not nearly as many tentical things sticking out, only 6.....

any ideas?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/Vyda/featherduster.jpg

Sorry no pictures of my own. they are so small they get blured out when i try to focus on them. I can never seem to get good clean pictures out of my aquarium. maybe someone can suggest a good camera that can take close range pictures through the glass i could pick up?

Thanks guys.

2. Click Here!

3. sharkatak

sharkatak Flamingo Tongue

4. BillyD

BillyD Feather Duster

ah fun stuff. thanks!

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

I agree featherduster, I have a few of those. They are really great, they get huge!