ick attack

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by sauce-n-tank, Jul 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sauce-n-tank

sauce-n-tank Feather Duster

Hey reefers i know we are all familiar with the ick parasite.. now ijust wanted to know if anyone had any exp with the treatment called ick attack!!?? does it work and what affects may it have on the tank after?? Thanks:)

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

im actually using it now. it does work and all corals,inverts, and fish are fine. the only effect is a algae bloom(since it does contain dead plant matter). i think a little algae for saving a 80 dollar fish is a fair trade. it works by killing the ick when it is in the free floating stage so you have to wait for the ick on the fish to fall of when its about to reproduce but it will stop anymore from attaching. I have seen significant improvement in my fish over the last 3 days of treatment.

4. sauce-n-tank

what type or color algea does it make and does it affect coraline in any way??

5. sauce-n-tank

ok so it kills the ick except when they are still in there eggs??

6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

its brown diatom algae. it kills the ick when right after they hatch and are looking for fish(this is the stage that many ick products target).

7. sauce-n-tank

ok so how many times do you think i should cycle on it? and when more or less does ick like to host day or night??

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  8. Click Here!

9. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

tell all the ick is gone and then id do one more cycle after. i don't think this is that harmful to the animals since the dosing instructions are pretty unrestricting allowing a double dose or even a triple dose spread out over the day

10. sauce-n-tank

ok so you mean to tell me that you can poor in a dose up to even three times in one day and also does it matter if you do it at night or in the morning??

11. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

well it says if ick is severe do a double dose once in mouring then at night then it say if ick then if the ich persist after twice a day move up to three times a day.Kordon LLC - Kordon - Herbal Ich Attack

12. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

by the way it reccommends continuing the treatment until 3 or 4 days after the last ich was observed