ich

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by kamikaze8302, Oct 9, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kamikaze8302

kamikaze8302 Astrea Snail

it all started from the blue hippo tang and one by one all my fish died. i had bought the kick ich and have been using it for the past 5 days. now i am thinking, should i start the tank over again or just let it sit with the kick ich. the only thing i have in the tank are anemones, sea cucumber, 5 hermit crabs and 2 snails. any suggestions would help

thanks

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

well if you let it sit, you will have to wait at least a month, the longer the better, it could take up to 2 months. If you start over, it will take a while too. I wouldn't start over, if you start with healthy, hardy fish you should be ok. A healthy fish should be able to fight off the disease.

4. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

kick ich doesn't work most of the time from what ive heard even the guys at my lfs say its just colored water lol

5. kamikaze8302

yea that is what i thinking. i am not going to add any more fish for a while. bc i dont want it to die. i have lost my clownfish, he was the 3rd one to die. he was in the tank since the beginning and he will always play around with my fingers when i am cleaning the tank. i miss that lil sucker.

6. kamikaze8302

yea my lfs said that its like a 50 50 chance it will work. i wanted to give it a shot. then what would be the best thing to do for the ich problem.

7. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

let your tank sit. catch your fish put them in a qt tank or tub and use non-reef safe medication.

8. Click Here!

9. kamikaze8302

well i would if i had any fish left. but i am gonna wait till i put any more fish in the tank. good thing i didn't have anything real expensive.