ich!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by nemo1991, Jun 22, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nemo1991

nemo1991 Millepora

so like every single one of my fish has ich, the y and b tangs, 2 false percs clown fish, 2 black saddleback clowns, and a blue damsel.....the 2 chromis's dont look like they have it but i am not sure. i am setting up a 135 gallon tank, and am going to quarenteen(SP?) each of them in a 10 gallon tank for like 2 or 3 days to cure the ich, but idk what i am going to do to get it all gone.......i was thinking of a fresh water dip for each of them before going in the 10 gallon, (except the tangs idk if i am even going to quarenteen them because there the oly ones getting cleaned by the shrimp and it seems to ahve gone away...

anyways how long should the dip be for each fish.......and what should i do while there in the 10 gallon, soak the food in garlic......what else?

2. Click Here!

3. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

fw dip should be around 10-15 mins, if the fish comes up to the surface and looks like he is gasping for air though take him out of the fw, as far as treatment goes your could use copper sulfate but keep in mind that it will make anything in the 10 gallon tank unusable in any reef or invert tank, i believe as long as the fish eat they will be fine though and fight it off themselves