Ich?

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by kimberlee, Feb 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kimberlee

kimberlee Flamingo Tongue

My coral beauty has raised white bumps on him 2 days after I broke down my tank to move it walls. Now the move went well. Everything lived, but I've head fish can pick ich up just from stress? And I'm wondering about this, Because I haven't interduced anything new ect. corals and the last addition was 2 months ago. They spent 2 months in QT on top of that?

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

This is true. Make sure the water quality stays good, that it's eating a very good variety of foods supplemented with HUFAs and vitamins. Might want to soak the food in Metronidazole too. (A lot of LFS's will have this).

4. kimberlee

Should I remove him into a QT? He is eating very well, and I think some of the spots were just sand. I tend to be a little jumpy. There are whitish damage on him that seems to be spreading. water quality is very good. Tested everything last night. KH is a little low due to vodka dosing.

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I don't have any pics to say one way or the other. However, he's already been stressed enough. In absence of a pic, I would leave him be and make sure all other factors are taken care of.

6. kimberlee

I'll get 1 up asap. I have to get my roommates camera. Mine isn't working. I'll leave him be, but have water on hand just in case. What about the other fish?