Ich Trouble! help

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by jaar, Apr 11, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jaar

jaar Astrea Snail

Hi i have the yellow tail blue tang (hippo) for over almost 2 months and it has been awesome and for the last 3 days i saw some signs of ich on my fish im really worried because i dont have a QT and dont know how to treat it i have this ICH ATTACK.

The treatment is a Kordon, ICK.ATTACK, 100% organic. It says safe for use in all kinds of aquariums, fresh or saltwater. Including reef and live rock aquariums. Treats diseases caused by: ich, fungus, protozoans and dinoflagellates.

Like i said i dont have a QT and i really need to do something ASAP because i dont want it to go into my other fish, so as you may know im really sad, i just managed to have a natural environment on my tank or at least almost there and now im having this.

So what do you recomend should i use this treatment i have or what should i do, if a managed to have a QT, either way it would be almost imposible to catch the fish so i dont know, Please help. Im also worried if i use this ich attack thing if it could contaminate the tank or probably not make it the more natural as possible, or harm the corals i dont know.

Last test:

Ammonia: 0
    Nitrite: 0
    Nitrates:0
    Ph: Bw. 8.2 and 8.4
    Calcium: 470
    Phospates: Bw 0 and .1

2. Click Here!

3. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Best thing to do if he is otherwise healthy and eating is to just let him be. It's only like a cold for these fish, and they usually have enough of an immunity to fight it off on their own if they are eating veggies/seaweed.

4. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I would not be allarmed with a small sign of it. I would wait until the fish is showing that its bothered by it by shaking rubbing on rocks etc. My hippo has had it many times and been fine. I would recomend getting a cleaner shrimp as these can help with the little ick battles. If there is no need to run a chemical I would stay away no matter how "reef safe" it is.

5. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Id like to add - use some garlic extract, added to food stuffs including veggies as this can help boost the fishes immunity system and works as an appetite stimulator should the fish feel off its food to a degree

Steve

6. jaar

jaar Astrea Snail

he is still eating a lot so i dont worry about that the only problem is the ich but i just got this afternoon 2 clenaer shrimps and lets see what happens.

7. Ishymishy77

Ishymishy77 Peppermint Shrimp

+1 on the garlic, used a month ago on my clown and within a week spots were gone. Tried the quarintine and chemical with my hippo and baby clown and within three days both were dead. If its eating, IMO would leave it be and feed with the garlic. Dips and chemicals just stress them out.