Ich treatment and fallow questions

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Ryland, Jan 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

After doing a lot of reading I have come to the realization there is a ton of information out there and a lot of it contradicts one another. Maybe some of you can help me clear the air a bit. First, I have a tang in cupramine qt right now. Cupramine has been at full concentration for a week and today he appears to be ich free. How long do I need to leave the cupramine at full concentration before removing it from the tank? I have heard 1-4 weeks in everything I have read. Seachem just says 2 weeks total. Nothing about when the last spot dissapears.
    Secondly, I added some new live rock to my dt a couple weeks ago. Since there are no fish in the tank yet I just placed the rock in the tank without qt. How long do I need to leave the tank fallow to make sure any ich that came in with the rock is dead? I have heard anywhere from 4-12 weeks. I really would like to do this right the first time. Thanks all!;D

2. Click Here!

3. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

4. divott

divott Giant Squid

im not familiar with cupramine. so cant help you there. generally its been suggested to leave a tank fallow for 6 weeks. thats the basic life cycle of the ich parasite.