Ich question?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by DeepBlue1, Mar 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DeepBlue1

DeepBlue1 Plankton

Hello, I have a yellow tang that i've had about 5 days. The tang is very active and eats and grazes all the time. The problem is that the past couple days late in the evening I notice some ich on the fish, but what i think is strange it seems to go away during the night then appears more toward the late evening. Have any of you guys ever some or heard of this? The out break isn't very bad and it seems to be only affecting the yelllow tang. Do you think it could be where the tang is new to the tank and just needs time to adjust. I do had a sailfin tang and it isn't affect by the ich it's been in tank about 4 weeks and the 2 fish seem to get along fine. I would love to heard your thoughts.
    Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

tangs have always been known prone to ich. my guess , if its eating and swimming fine, is that its just the stress of a new enviroment. keep the nori or veggies going to it , and im sure it will be all good.

4. fischkid2

fischkid2 Dirty Filter Sock

If the effected fish is still eating a lot i would not worry about it too much IMO/E. Keep an eye on it and watch to see if other fish get infected. if its just the new fish he is most likely just stressed out a little and should be able to fight it off (as long as he eats).
    If other fish start to show sign of ich then you may want to set up a hospital tank and medicate. but hold off on that and see of the tang gets better in the next few weeks.

My hippo tang awhile back had ich as it had the white dots on its body. but the ich was only really visible late in the day or night. I never medicated it (just garlic in food) and he a happy camper to this day.

5. wfb2270

wfb2270 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

i have alot of ich cases that are more visible in the evening

6. DeepBlue1

DeepBlue1 Plankton

Thanks Guys

Thanks Guys for the quick responses I have been keeping nori avaiable and soaking food in garlic guard.

Thanks

7. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

Do you have any cleaner shrimp? They are good for cleaning off the parasites on fish. They are also good scavangers and eat dead fishes which also keeps parasites away.

Aside from that, it is quite possible that he's signaling to you that he could just be a weak fish inside. Give him time and get one or two cleaner shrimp. You won't regret it.:cheesy:

8. Click Here!

9. DeepBlue1

DeepBlue1 Plankton

Yes, I have a cleaner shrimp and my fish love the cleaning station.
    Thanks