Ich please help

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by dustin0479, Feb 21, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dustin0479

dustin0479 Peppermint Shrimp

I just noticed my Ocellaris clown and my Coral Beauty both have the beginnings of Ich. My tank inhabitants are as follows.
    Hermit craps
    ness snails
    Serpent star
    2x Peppermint Shrimp
    Clown
    Coral beauty.

I have had them both for about 2 weeks. In a 29 with 35 lbs of LR. I did a 4gallon water change last night using RODI water mixed for 8 hours to try and reduce the nitrates that were at about 13ppm.

I also have a 10 gallon with a heater and a HOB running next to it with 2 damsels (just water in it atm) if i need it for a hospital.

What should i do?

Thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. dustin0479

This morning my clown is in bad shape. He is swimming funny and running into things. I just moved him to the 10 in case he passes while am at work.

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. Right now I would start lowering the salinity in the hospital tank.

How many spots are on the coral beauty? If it's only a few, what brands of foods do you feed and how often? How often do you soak your foods in HUFAs and Vitamins?

5. dustin0479

He looks in bad shape as well, hard to tell as he won't com out of his rock.

The clown eats marine flakes and the angel will only eat brine shrimp. I have tried green algae but he will not take it. No soaking or additives.

6. dustin0479

I lost the clown:(. The coral beauty looks ok but definitely has ich. Should I put him in A hospital tank for the month?