Ich on my blue tang

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by 110gal_Ty, Mar 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Marie0912

Marie0912 Fire Shrimp

I just went through that with my blue hippo, the first one I bought i put him in quarantine and it died so the store replaced him and I put him in my DT and sure enough he got ich all I did was feeding more often with soaking the food in garlic and kept my water at a good quality and now he only gets a spot here and there. Just let him be and feed with garlic it will boost their immune system. Good luck it work for me

2. Click Here!

3. Malcolm

Malcolm Plankton

No-ich

It is interesting that nobody has mentioned NO-ICH. I am primarily interested in coral, but have fish too. Three years ago my blue, Paracanthurus hepatus, tang showed signs of ich, along with several other fish. I got NO-ICH, produced by FishVet, Inc. Dayton Ohio 45458, from Marine Depot on the internet. All the fish survived and my corals were unaffected. The stuff is biodegradable. I keep a bottle of it just in case. Blue is now twice the size she was and is doing fine.

4. rustyW318

rustyW318 Plankton

Avoid copper for tangs, since it damages their gut fanua. I'd try hypo in quarantine for all fish and let the main system run fishless for 4 weeks with the temperature around 84F. Adding Kordon's Rid-Ich, which is meth blue and mal green, also works. All that reef safe treatment stuff is snake oil.

5. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

Good to hear the tang pulled through!

6. turk

turk Plankton

Kick Ick from Ruby Reef, I used it two different occasions with success.
    I have extended the recommended dosage by an extra week.
    All treated fish are happy and no problems with my spa and los
    corals.
    good luck!