Ich now all fish have cloudy eyes :(

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by HappyGillmore, Oct 31, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. HappyGillmore

HappyGillmore Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I been battling ich like crazy for the past week or so, now after LOTS of water changes with RO water and high grade salt AND after Ive run a ridiculously oversized skimmer on my tank for 3 days things are getting worse. I know this cloudy eye thing has gotta be bacterial but how can I treat this? Ive been reading that cloudy eye is most likely caused by poor water quality but how can that be!! Is it contagious? I bought a 240 gallon setup from someone and took his maroon clown. I didnt get a very close look at the fish cuz I was so busy breaking down the tank. After a few days in my tank I noticed the cloudy eyes. Now 4 out of the 5 fish I have left have it.

Are they history? Any chance they can fight this off iff conditions and nutrition remain ideal? If I do have to treat this, will I have to set up a hospital tank and treat with anti bacterial?

2. Click Here!

3. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

I would get a hospital tank setup ASAP and kill 2 birds with one stone. You could treat the cloudy eyes and ich in the hospital tank and leave the main tank fishless for a minimum of 6 weeks to get rid of the ich.

~Will.

4. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

Hospital tank for sure.

5. HappyGillmore

HappyGillmore Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

K thanks guys, im sold. What should I use as far as equiptment? Im assuming ill be doing water changes a couple times a week but what else should be used to maintain conditions in the HT? I have a total of 5 fish that have both problems. The Cleaner Shrimp and Cleaner Goby have really helped to keep the ich at bay and I probably shouldve just let them do what they could while i maintained the ideal water conditions that existed BEFORE THE !@$% HERBTANA. The odd thing is while everyone else is battling this ICH my XL Copperband Butterfly is spotless. Ever since I traded in my aggressive Sailfin Tang 3 weeks, the Copperband lost what ich he had and has been very healthy. He keeps letting the Cleaner Shrimp climb all over him but it goes to show you what stress relief can do to the immunity of a fish.