ICH!! help!!:(

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by fishluver, Jun 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

I have never ever treated on of my personal fish with copper. If your water parms are perfect or really close to it and the fish isn't stressed at all, there is nothing to worry about with ich. I have 3 tangs and have never seen ich on any of them. I did have a hippo tang die a few years back that had ich but I don't know if the sulfer in the crushed coral got him, the massive ammounts of nitrates, or the ph being around 7.7 got him??? I would put money on the sulfer and not the ich.

2. Click Here!

3. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

I know it was the ich cause i got the fish from someone and he got all stressed from the move and he had white stuff all over him.

4. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

thnxs everyone i got a 20 gallon QT tank and only my cleaner wrasse and one clownfish have survived:(

5. HxCxHaley

HxCxHaley Astrea Snail

Connecticut. where i live doesnt exist on a map...
    ok i only read the first page of cmnts
    BUUUUUUUT
    i highly suggest getting a bigger tank ASAP
    and letting your DT sit for a month
    put the smaller fish in another tank
    leave corals and inverts in the DT add a small amount of food like.. per week.

then put the chevron in a larger QT
    this needs to be done ASAP
    go get maybe a 30g tank from walmart or something
    comes with supplies
    and put the smaller ones in another tank to watch them

treat the chevron, and do a freshwater dip for one min.

talk to your lfs

good luck

[iv had a TON of expirience, if you let your DT sit for a month itl be rid of the ich]

6. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

can you feed fish a minced garlic and nori blend?

7. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

THANK YOU ALL!!!! i got a QT set up and its a 20 gallon and my chevron tang died:(and one clownfish:( so my only survivors are my male clownfish and cleaner wrasse but im soo excited because i got my cleaner wrasse to eat!!!!!!!!!! i can tell cause his stomach gets huge.But thank you i took your direction except the part on live rock and sand i forgot bout that and by the first week of november they should be out of that 20 gallon!!!:p

8. Click Here!

9. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Good luck with your fish, both of you.
    Just to clear one thing up tho, Garlic does not fight ich. It is not a cure all. All it does is stimulate hunger in a fish. When a fish eats more vitamin rich food, the more nutrition it gets. The more nutrition, the more energy it has and a stronger immune system.