ICH!! help!!:(

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by fishluver, Jun 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. divott

divott Giant Squid

ichc wont harm your corals. they need a fish to feed on and multiply. also how long have you had the tang? they are known to have ich issues every now and then, alot through stress. and if its just shown up, feed it with the garlic and hopefully will clear up itself

2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

do you feed it nori? can soak that in garlic

4. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

If you can get your hands on the algae sheets or spectrum pellets, soak either one with the garlic. Or you can use the existing flakes but add the garlic directly to the water at the rate of one drop per 10gals.

5. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

Im trying to decide what t do?

6. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

I have nori sheets.

7. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

But i need to get the garlic

8. Click Here!

9. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

you can go to the super market, get a big jar of minced garlic. Then use a filter sock to drain all the juice into a container. Much much cheaper then the kent marine garlic stuff.

10. asking4trouble

asking4trouble Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Hey guys, Im actually having the same trouble with Ich. A pair of yellow forceps butterfly fish in my DT are heavily infected and have been for appox four weeks.
    Sorry fishluver i dont want to hijack your thread but maybe the answers will be relevant for both of us.
    My question is this:
    How long have peoples fish been infected for and gotten over the ich themselves without QT/meds?

In my case, the two butterfly fish that are infected... seem to be heavily infected, the white spots are numerous and they are all over the body. They have been like this for three/four weeks (!!) on some days more white spots on some days less but always present. Besides the white spots, they are acting completely normal. Very very rarely scrape or scratch themselves and are eating aggressively.
    Its a 55G which they share with a black/brown clown, firefish goby, blue damzel and a baby valentini puffer. I think ive noticed white spots on the baby puffers fins but now im completely paranoid, otherwise no one else looks infected yet.

So how long do i let them go until i buy a QT that i cant afford right now? How long has your fish had for it and how long did it take for them to get healthy without your intervention?

11. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Yep... Or you can actually make your own garlic juice at home. Use fresh garlic and a bit of water and put it in a blender. This way is safer unless you're sure that the minced garlic in the supermarket does not contain any preservatives or oil.

12. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I've seen them survive four weeks or more. Provided that they are eating well...