ICH!! help!!:(

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by fishluver, Jun 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

i think my chevron has ich. can you guys give me advice what to do so i can treat it? im putting in ointment please reply!!:angry:

2. Click Here!

3. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I wouldn't put anything in the tank as yet till you diagnose the problem correctly. If it is Ich, then the first thing I'd do is put the infected fish into a QT where you can treat it with vitamin and garlic enriched foods. Do the same with your other fish in the DT (feed them vitamin and garlic enriched foods in the Dt to prevent them from getting ich). If the Ich on the chevron progresses in the next couple of days, then you could start treating with meds.

1 person likes this.
  4. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

I only have a ten gallon handy. do you think that would be to small for a 7 " chevron tang?

5. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Nope definitely not good enough for a 7" fish... He may jump out.
    In that case, then I suggest you use a high quality food such as spectrum, supplement with a vitamin supplement and soak food in Kent Marine Garlic.

How do you know that the fish has Ich?
    Do you see white spots? Fins? On Body?
    Is the fish scratching itself on rocks and/or substrate?

6. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

yea it has white spots on its fins and body. and now hes hitting the glass and rubbing. and I have the ten gallon with light and everything.

7. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

ok, this is just my opinion, as I have dealt with a HUGE outbreak of ich from a Powder Blue tang and it ended in alot of my fish dying (not from the ich, but it progessed into some sort of bacterial infection) Anyhow, I left the tang in the tank, as I believe moving him out of there would just cause more stress and further progress the ich. I treated my tank for 7 days straight with melafix and in a week all signs of bacterial infection and ich were gone. Did a 25% water change afterwards and have not had an issue since.

8. Click Here!

9. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

also do soak all food in melafix and garlic juice

10. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

Did the ich kill your corals or does it kill your corals? im not worried bout my fish cause i only have the tang a selling in progress clowntrigger and 2 clowns.

11. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

What food do i soak it in? i feed them flakes and pellets but the issue is that my chevron dosent eat pellets!

12. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Seeing that it has already progressed to it's body, it isn't a good sign. Because the other tank inhabitants may already be infected.
    You may need to treat with meds or the safer route would be to go hyposalinity in the QT. try to get him out and in the 10gal at least for a couple days. You need to be sure that there is a cover on and properly aerated.
    Slowly drip him into the Hypo-QT. S.G. Should be between 1.012 and 1.018
    Treat the tang in QT but treat the rest of the tank with garlic and vitamins.