Ich cured?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by BananaBoat, Dec 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BananaBoat

BananaBoat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

My Sailfin and Achilles tang were both infested with ich. There were cysts everywhere I looked; on the face, fins, torso, etc. I know that there aren't any reef cures, so I experimented a little bit. :) it was a pretty big risk, but nothing died. I raised my heater up to 80 degrees. The water was 76 before. I woke up the next morning, the temp was 81, cysts were almost gone. The morning after that, I examined them from every angle, and all I found was one cyst on the Achilles Tang tail fin. This morning, it's gone. :) I turned my skimmer back on, put carbon back in, and everyones happy. Is this just a coincidence? I just thought I'd inform other 3reefers. I know Ich may still be in their bodies, too. But it seemed like it's healed. :D

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

1 person likes this.
  4. BananaBoat

BananaBoat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

But some is still in their bodies? I'm feeding garlic-infused seaweed, hoping it helps. Thanks for the informative article, too. :) it's now on my favorites. How would I give karma?

1 person likes this.
  5. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

If it were that simple, I don't think ich would be a big deal, right? Freshwater ich can be controlled by raising temperature. That's where the misinformation regarding marine ich comes from. Be careful for the resulting infestation.

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Click on the Icon of the old fashioned scales underneath the username on any post that you like. It will give you a chance to leave a comment as well that they can see.

1 person likes this.