ich and takein sat down plz help me

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by chase, Feb 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chase

chase Astrea Snail

hello

dose takein sat down to 0.18 help with ich? whats the best thing to do as i have it bad i have done a fw bath so far and iv put some oodinex in the tank but still have it plz some one help

thanks

2. Click Here!

3. m_hsiao

m_hsiao Purple Spiny Lobster

first of all, you need to tell us how old your tank is, what your water parameters are and how long you've had your fish.. second of all, you just have to main your water parameters and feed your fish a wide variety of diet.. when my fish are battling ich, i feed them a diet of brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, veggie flakes, omega2 and some squid to help them boost their immune system. Find some food that contains garlic in them and it will help the fish attract itself to the food since fish may not be taking in food if the ich is really bad.. i wouldn't resort to the medications unless it is a severe issue of ich.. no need for fresh water dipping either as it will just stress out the fish even more.. let nature take it's course and just keep your water parameters up and feed them a wide variety of food..
    when you do those things i've mentioned, and they still can't fight off the ich, there isn't much you can do, you've tried.. good l uck

4. abraKADAV3R!

abraKADAV3R! Feather Duster

UV STERILIZER/FRESHWATER BATHS/DOSE PRIME FOR SLIME COAT

im not sure if cleaner shrimp eat ich cysts but u can try

5. abraKADAV3R!

abraKADAV3R! Feather Duster

TRUE freshwater dip might stress more just givin my ideas;D

6. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

bringing the salt levels down does help, but I would lower them to the 1.013 - 1.015 range, and do it in a HOSPTIAL TANK. Medical Baths with malachite green, formalin, copper, freshwater, potassium permanganate, methelyne blue (as a preventative for secondary infection), and chloroquine work. Or the use of medications in a hospital tank.

7. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby