IceCap Reef Illuminations Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by ZapBrannigan, Dec 17, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Plankton

I bought a IceCap 72" Reef illuminations fixture from Aquacave about 2 years ago, with a 3 year warranty.

I've recently had a Ballast failure (MH, 1 of 3 is out). Now that IceCap is no more, Aquacave will not support their warranty.

I'm rather peeved that I spent $1200 and can't get it fixed. Should I yell at Aquacave some more? Or is it not their problem? I hold them responsible because they sold it with a 3 year warranty.

Advice?

2. Click Here!

3. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Unfortunately, That was offered with a 3 year "Manufacturers" warranty.

Normally a vendor will warranty and just bill the manufacturer, but since they are no more, it is not likely to get anything done.

You can possible get a different ballast to fit in there. If you can crack open the unit and get a pic of the ballast, dimensions and possibly a model number, we might be able to get you an idea of a replacement ballast.

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Yeah sorry buddy. Most of the time, you would go through the manufacturer for something like this. Often times, as jon stated, the seller will give you a replacement and just send the old one back in for warranty replacement. It isn't aquacave's fault that the company went under.