Ice probe

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by gwbh, Mar 5, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gwbh

gwbh Astrea Snail

Hi I ordered this used ice probe with a controller off ebay, I didnt realize it at the time i ordered that the probe part was actually exposed aluminum with no coating, I emailed the ebay user but they assured me this as how it arrived from the factory, and it had already arrived today. Im posting it under emergency because i likely have a very small window period to return it if i am going to. Is there ANY possible way to make this work with some DIY coating and prevent aluminum from corroding into my tank? thanks a lot for any replies.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  2. Click Here!

3. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

Plastic coat it or rubber dip.

4. gwbh

gwbh Astrea Snail

what kind of plastic? and wouldn't rubber be a poor conductor of temperature?

5. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

Click the link. Someone else may chime in I've never had to use it. I just know it exists.

6. gwbh

gwbh Astrea Snail

thanks for the link, in the description of the product it states " it gives more gripping power, insulates and serves to identify ownership" i dont know if that would be considered insulation of temperature or not? anyone else have an opinion on that or any ideas?

7. gwbh

gwbh Astrea Snail

does anyone have an opinion on this product?

http://www.zorotools.com/g/00060673/k-G1407944?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_Shopping_Feed&kw={keyword}&gclid=CP-i-sji_LwCFRAV7AodU0wAng

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

What brand/model of ice probe?

The only reason this is staying in the ASAP forum is because it's time sensitive.

10. gwbh

gwbh Astrea Snail

11. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

12. gwbh

gwbh Astrea Snail

i appreciate trying to help but ive already read that and it doesnt help my situation because the probe never had the coating to begin with, i cant find anything talking about it not having the coating from the beggining, i can tell it wasnt damaged or removed, it was just never there. thanks

ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE?????

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014