I think it's ICK?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by rainbird, Feb 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rainbird

rainbird Plankton

Hello, my african cichlids are very sick! Their convict and pink cichlids. I don't know what to do. I've taken on these sick fish because my friend dosen't want to deal with their illness. He has 30-35 adult cichlids in a very dirty unswimmable 80 gal, 8-sided tank. they have been in this tank for quite a while 6,9,12 months maybe. they have white spots and fin rot.I can't see anything on the pink fish. I'm new to all of this and need advice. PLEASE! I have a 376 liter rubbermaid pond waiting in my living room to use as a QT. what should i do? I have some medicine but not sure if its what the fish need. will gladly give more info to anyone who is willing to advise.
    Thanks,:cry::cry:

2. Click Here!

3. Dsilowka3

Dsilowka3 Fire Worm

Do you have pictures of the fish? I'd def. start with some copper treatment for the ich, also you can buy aquarium salt (not the same as you use for SW). if the salt doesnt help the fin rot you can also try some melafix. Otherwise keep up with water changes, medication and a healthy supply of food. goodluck!

4. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

With both fin rot and ich, I would set-up a copper treatment in the QT tank and then do either Melafix/Pimafix or methylene blue dips every other day. That should solve your dilemma