i ripped my BTA's foot now what? :((

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by leighton1245, Mar 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

I was cleaning and moved my PH that i thought my BTA had moved away from and well he was still attached is there anything i can do?? i know he is prolly a gonner but i just got him so i thought i would ask.

2. Click Here!

3. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

I'm no expert but situation like this is care for it. Don't move it around alot. Place a rock or a net under it with no slow to no flow. so it can stick hopefully. I've read people got a split anemone . Check your parsam. Often. And don't stress . If you have a host take it out. That's my 2cents.

4. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Well, the risk is infection. If your water quality it good that is less of a risk. Not much else you can do. It it is loose, you may want to move it to a shaded area, as that will be less stressful while healing. I wouldn't try to force it anywhere though if it attaches. They can recover though, although it's a little tougher in a new environment.

5. leighton1245

its still attached to the same spot it was on the side of my tank my params are in check and maybe the clown that was residing in it this morn wont go back in there tonight. The area around the tear that is redish orange stuck back also.

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I would not rule it a goner.

7. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

Remove the host asap or it'll stress the nem. Just common sense.

8. Click Here!

9. leighton1245

should i feed him more if so how much also the clown isnt in there at the moment thank you for the tip.

10. Corailline

The anemone is the host, the clown fish resides. When unfortunate things happen sometimes we are all not as clear headed. But yes I would remove the clown fish or try to prevent the clown fish from residing in the anemone for the time being.

11. Corailline

No just let him be.

12. leighton1245

Thank you everyone is very helpful as always and i knew you would say something about the nem being the host lol