I NEED A New skimmer!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Puffer Chick, Dec 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

I CANNOT DEAL WITH MY SKIMMER ANY LONGER!:devil1: Problem after problem after problem. This thing just does not work properly!:angry::angry::angry::angry: This POS ocotopus bh 800s was supposed to be a really good skimmer but its not! i cannot take it any more. Please do not try to talk me into keeping the skimmer and fixing it, i have tried everything to make it consistantly run properly and it does not. I need a HOB skimmer, sump is NOT an option. I heard the Remora Aqua C was good, but then again i heard this skimmer was good but its not, just a waist of money. I need a good skimmer, i like ones that are overkill. It's for my 46 bowfront. I don't have the money right now for a new skimmer, but i'm seriously going to save up for a new one. So any suggestions and personal experience would be great.

Thanks for the help, and hope you can help me get rid of this POS of skimmer, i spent way to much money on it to be causing this much trouble, and i've put up for it for past 4 months and tonight was the last straw, im done with it and almost ready to go skimmerless for a while just so i don't have to put up with it.

2. Click Here!

3. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

smile :D

2 people like this.
  4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

to angry to smile :uzi:;D

1 person likes this.
  5. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Puffer Chick
    they are expensive, but I have owned 2 x Deltec MCE 600,s and if and when I ever set up another tank, Id probably be getting a 3rd one

for a 46 bow front that you are looking to have SPS in eventually the MCE 600 would be excellent IMHO

Steve

1 person likes this.
  6. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

LOL, You so get karma for making me laugh! :lol:

1 person likes this.
  7. nwfd1725

nwfd1725 Purple Spiny Lobster

keep your head up relax do some even more research lol itll work out

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

Sorry to hear about your troubles Puffer :(. I would look into the Aqua C Remora's, great HOB skimmers for the price.

1 person likes this.
  10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

id have to get my entire credit card down in order to pay for it. my limit is only 1k and it's almost that right now. but if i get it down to 0 i would barely be able to afford it

11. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

I just sold my remora.... It is a very good skimmer. I had no complaints. Yes, there are some microbubbles, but I dare you to find a HOB that doesn't have them.

1 person likes this.
  12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

well at least it made you laugh

thanks, i just can't wait to get my CC down to get a new one

thanks, i do like the sounds of the Remora, but with my plans of keeping SPS, i don't know if it would be strong enough.

I just hope my tank can go skimmerless for a while, i think i'll hold off on corals for until i can afford to get a new one, and just keep my two zoa frags and keep up on my water changes for now