I need a little hope- My mom is sick :(

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by swagger87, Feb 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. texas92

texas92 Bristle Worm

my family's thought and prayers are with you both.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Thank you Texas.

*UPDATE*
    My mom has gotten feeling back in her face and is now able to talk better. Still stuttering, but that's been the norm for a while now.
    HAPPY VALENTINES DAY GUYS!

4. divott

divott Giant Squid

hey thats good news megan. hopefully its a start of better things to come.

happy valentines day to you too girl.

5. Hughey

Hughey Astrea Snail

I used to think that I could never live without my parents. Then I lost my dad when he was in his 50's. Now that I am that age and my mother is in her 70's, it is hard to see her having difficulty getting around. I tell myself often that I have had a wonderful life and the best parents anyone could expect to have. Visit with your mother often and enjoy your time together. She is blessed to have you to care for her.

1 person likes this.
  6. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

I pray and will be more then happy to pray for your mom. With your permission i would like to enter a prayer request for your mom at my church. 2800 people will pray for her. Please let me know if this would be ok. i know the question sounds wierd but i always ask before putting in a prayer request.

1 person likes this.
  7. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

Man H, you took the words right outta my mouth. I relocated back home from San Diego...new job, everything (even tanks)....to come help my Mom with my Dad over 3yrs ago. My Dad passed on from Prostate Cancer 1 year ago exactly yesterday. He was in & outta remission, off & on chemotherapy & radiation for 13yrs. Mom was right there next to him every minute of the way.
    I have a cool little place (crammed with tanks, rock, pumps) 2 blocks from Mom & needless to say, it was hard sleeping last night. I couldn't get that outta my mind, you know? Used to be, my Mom could move mountains and remains as meek as a lamb.....and it kills me to see her getting along in age. It kills me even more when I catch myself "*****ing" that I'm being held back because she needs help with something. And to think I was gonna move back to the coast. I was even gonna boot my renters outta my house. But, for now....as long as I have my tanks & corals, I'll do what is most responsible & help or call everyday. Blessing is an understatement............:thumb_up:

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Thanks Hon!

Im sorry to hear of your loss.
    Thank you, I will. I'm blessed to have her.

That would be wonderful Tbelt, you most certainly have my permission. Thank you so much. (If you need to know her name, its Kelli-Jo.)

Sometimes we cant help but feel remorseful and then guilty. Its human nature. As long as you remind yourself that she moved mountains for you, you can find the strength to carry on.
    I'm very sorry about your having to see her that way. I guess no one is ever really ready to watch their child hood heroes deteriorate before out eyes. I agree, blessing is an understatement.

10. Glenshomenow

Glenshomenow Plankton

Thinking of you and your mum!

1 person likes this.
  11. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

swagger87,

As I read this thread... I read a lot of love. Your Mom is a lucky lady to have someone that loves them as much as you obviously love her. That is special. It always fascinates me that people that love so much always take it for granted and assume everyone is like they are. They never seem to realize just how special they are. YOU are clearly a special person for having the love you do for your Mom.

My Mom came down with blood clots when I was about 13 years old. In the years that followed she was either in the hospital or bed-ridden at home. It was horrible. She received Last Rights 3 separate times as they were convinced she would die. It is really hard as a child and teenager to watch your Mom receive Last Rights... much less doing it 3 times. Once, she was at home... and her heart stopped from a clot. My Dad was kneeling next to her. I stood at a distance watching. We knew there was nothing we could do. After a few minutes, my Dad was crying... he asked me to call an ambulance to take her. She had died... no heartbeat... no breathing. As I dailed the phone number... she slowly started breathing again. Later, the doctors explained that when her heart stopped, the reduced blood pressure allowed the clot to dislodge. Why her heart restarted?? God played a hand in that. Month after month, the doctors told us that she could die at any moment. I would come home from school and the first task was always to see if Mom was alive or not. It was horrible.

You know what.... 30 years later.... she is still alive.

God has a plan. She purpose on this Earth wasn't complete and apparently still isn't. When it is, God will take her. In the meantime, I am thankful for each day.

It took years to gain perspective. I was afraid. I felt like I missed so much that other kids got to do with their Mom's. I was angry. Angry that I had to do so much extra. I was lonely because there was no one there for me. Years past and my point of view changed. I realized that I learned compassion for the sick and those that love the sick. I learned that I drew on that experience and found strength to help others. My brother grew up to be a doctor... motivated by my Mother's sickness. I grew up having converted the loneliness and anger to independence and drive. You never know what God's Plan is, but have faith. There most definately is a plan.

My prayer for you is this.
    May your pain strengthen you and may you find peace
    May your loneliness comfort you in that it shows the depth of your love
    From this terrible experience may you find faith and draw upon it to help others

My prayer for your mother is this.
    May she simply see the love her child has for her.

With deepest respect,
    Mark

3 people like this.
  12. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Thank you Glen. You're sweet.
    At the moment I haven't the words to properly describe how your post made me feel.
    I do understand having to grow up and being the parent to your own parent. It's hard and you do miss out on a lot, but what you miss out on won't hurt you. It's what you did experience that will shape the wonderful person you become.
    I've never really thought of myself as special really, just as a daughter.
    I thank you for such inspiring words and so lovingly written.
    I also thank you for such beautiful prayers.
    From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for your understanding.

And to all of you who have encouraged and pushed me I thank you form the bottom of my heart as well!
    <3 Megan