I need a little hope- My mom is sick :(

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by swagger87, Feb 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

i am very sorry and my thoughts are with you. i can't imagine what it would be like, but it's gut wrenching to even think about. i will be praying for you and your mom.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

+1 Prayers for you and your family are headed your way.

1 person likes this.
  4. homegrowncorals

homegrowncorals Ribbon Eel

my prayers are with your mom and you

1 person likes this.
  5. bama

bama Humpback Whale

Im sorry to hear this. Keep your head up my friend. You are in our prayers..

1 person likes this.
  6. reddog

reddog Bristle Worm

My families prayers and thoughts are with you and your mom.

1 person likes this.
  7. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

Very sorry to hear about the issues your mother and you are facing. Dont worry about "venting" here. I am sure everyone here is willing to listen when something like this happens. The best advice I can give is stay strong for your mother. I know she doesnt want you to pity her. I found when I went through a situation the best thing for me was to be positive around the family member that was having a hard time, but when I wasnt around them I would break down, let all the stress out, and then get back to trying to be positive for them. Best wishes to you and your mother, hope she gets better or a handle on it soon.

2 people like this.
  8. Click Here!

9. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I'm so sorry to hear this! My dad has health issues as well, and I know how scary and upsetting it can be. If you ever need to talk, PM me! My thoughts are with you and your family.

1 person likes this.
  10. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Thank you. Hopefully the need would never come, but I would definitely do the same for you.

Thank you so much

I am horribly sorry to hear about your loss Bill. That's very devastating. Thank you for thinking of us.

Thank you Guy. That means a lot. Im trying my best not to worry, but its hard.

1 person likes this.
  11. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

My mother lives in West Virginia, so unfortunately I can't be there with her (as much as I'd love to be). I have no Idea what medical treatment she has had as of yet. She wouldnt go into details because I became hysterical. She didnt want to worry my further. She said that it happened yesterdayall of the sudden she had a pain go through her head and she said the right side of her face went numb. Before she only had bad tremors and she had difficulty speaking because it affected her larynx aswell as her head/neck, jaw, hands and arms.
    Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

Thank you. What a wonderful son you are! You have lucky parents.
    Thank you so much

12. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

Swagger,
    My dad is 62 and he was diagnosed with Essential Tremors when he was in his 40's. He too has tried different medications with some differing relief and side effects. Right now he is on proprananol (sp). If that is not one of the medications she has tried, talk to her doctor about. Also check it out on Webmd. Although it does not completely eliminate the tremors, it has made things a lot better and he said the side effects are ones he can live with. The trick has been adjusting the meds to get the right dosage.

Family history of strokes are definitely one of the things about ET that I found in my research. Yes, I have been tested also and show early stages of the disease. Not very severe at this point (I am 41) but I am sure it will get worse over time. Please get yourself tested. Forewarned is forearmed!

Also, there is a surgery called Deep Brain Stimulation that has shown to be very effective in extreme cases. Pretty risky, but most patients say it was worth it. Check it out!

I will definitely keep your mom and you in my thoughts and prayers. If you have any questions, JLMK, we have been living with this for 20 years in my family.

Milissa

1 person likes this.