I love rod's food

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by autogirl, Apr 26, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. autogirl

autogirl Astrea Snail

every fish in my tank eat the rod food. It's alittle on the expensive side, but my picky eaters love it.

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I have to agree with on this one. It's a little spendy especially for me since I have to drive 4 hours to the twin cities to get it but I wouldn't let my fish go without it. Plus Mall of America kicks a$$!

1 person likes this.
  4. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

I tried it also....Good food, but not for me. Did not have enough big pieces for the larger Tangs.

1 person likes this.
  5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

It is good stuff, but I have switched to Limpit's reef food and I like that better.

Limpit's reef is available in larger sized food pieces that my bigger fish and LPS like.

6. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I can't wait to try this food! I've heard great things about it. I just need to find some!

1 person likes this.
  7. Beach

Beach Astrea Snail

ROD BUEHLER IS MY DAWG!
    Great Guy, Even Better Product and he even is very informative about breeding fish and having a NEMS dominated reef tank!
    All around a smart choice in supporting such a great person in the reef hobby and community!

8. Click Here!

9. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

So, have you tried Limpit's Reef food?

I like Limpit's food much better.

10. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

11. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

I use rod food to and m fish really like it.

I have heard of other reef foods similar to rods. Like another is Red's Reef Food one of my LFS carries.

12. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Limpit's reef is very much like Rod's, but less money and made locally by Limpit, who is a member of my local reef club. He is here as Limpit as well.

many 3reefers know of limpit from "limpit's reeef " on youtube.

I don't even know if you can buy it except locally. I know Ron does sell some stuff on line through ebay, but I don't know if he for certain sells it and ships it around the nation.

He uses all fresh fish and nori and other stuff. Pretty much what you find in rods reef you find in Limpit's reef, except for no carrots in limpit's reef.

Rod's is good, but expensive and IMHO too finely ground and too much food is wasted and not actually fed to the fish. My LPS love both rod's and limpits food, but there are much meatier pieces in limpits food. IME, less pollution o from wasted food comes from this meatier grind of food.