I know it been discussed before; but what do you use for the difficult stuff on the DT glass?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Todd_Sails, Sep 1, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Hello all,
    Thanks for clicking here.

I'm not talking the thin algae film every few days- I'm talking the plaque like, corralline like stuff that sticks on the glass in spots.

On my 125, I used a kirtchen sponge with the yellow soft, green coarse kind of sponge and it worked. But when the green stuff was newer, it would permanently scour the glass also.
    I'm trying to avoid that.
    I also use a metal razor scraper and a wide metal scraper- which seem to work well and don't seem to scour the glass.

I've heard of many, the 'flipper'; and putting a small razor blade scraper on the end of a plastic spatula.

What do you use, or do you just let it build up?

2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Someone had mentioned a product, for aquariums, that had a handle and a bunch of attachments like scrapers, sponges, etc.
    Any one know about this?

4. Pdxile

Pdxile Coral Banded Shrimp

5. Bucsfan

Bucsfan Flamingo Tongue

Just bought the flipper and it works very well on the hard purple coralline. The problem is if it detaches, the wet piece sinks which is unexplainable for a product like this. The various scrapers on the market work fairly well except that the material used for the blade are made of a metal that is too soft and requires frequent replacement. I'm still looking for a good solution.

6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Filter pad between a magfloat and the glass always has worked for me, even when the magfloat alone doesn't work.

7. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

regular razor blade, takes longer but works better than anything imo.