i just purchased a marimo moss ball

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by jayjet, May 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jayjet

jayjet Plankton

i was at petco and had to have it, so i put it in my 55 gal african cichlid, its still at a high ph but im only using the cichlid salt buffer, so anyways will this do well, and how will my cichlids do with the marimo ball, will it stay alive?

2. Click Here!

3. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

water polo anyone? lol

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Don't know but I think the pH may be too high, and cichlids seam to not like plants too much.

5. LucBB

LucBB Bristle Worm

The pH for African rift lake Cichlids should be from 7.8 to about 8.4. So if your readings are in that range then its not too high. Chiclids dont dislike plants, they just arent used to them. As they dont exist (in numbers worth mentioning) in their natural habitat. If the cichlids you have are Mbuna's then the ball will probably be munched on a little. But its probably tough enough to survive as its not a rooting plant.

6. LucBB

LucBB Bristle Worm

Doh! Just re-read the question. You mean the Ph too high for the moss ball! Duh. Im having one of those days today. Im not sure. I know they're tough, so just see how it goes.