i guess i didnt rinse carbon good enough

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by joshsliftedzj, Sep 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

BAD idea, just put it somewhere where the water is moving pretty good, putting it under the overflow most likely is what cause the dust, to much flow or movement can pulverized it into dust, that stuff is really soft and if agitated to much turns to dust.

especially that stuff, it super easy to crush that stuff, I get mine from BulkReefSupply.com much better product. I get the Lignite carbon, doesn't seem to be as soft as the rest and way less dust.

2. Click Here!

3. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Just pointing out, softer carbons (like Rox 0.8 and Marineland AC) are better at adsorbing chemicals from the water, because of the size pores they have. I would stick with a carbon like that, but would not run it under the overflow. I would use a reactor.

4. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Everything I have ever read about the Lignite say's the it out preforms the Bituminous carbons. I actully tried the Rox8 but really did not see enough of a differance to justify paying almost 3 time the price. I mean I am by no means an expert but I have use a ton of carbon over the years, thats for sure.