i got ICH

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by Va Reef, Feb 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

i always hoped i would never have to make this thread.:cry: well the clown i recently got ( in a trade from LFS) had ICH. they had it quarantined for a week or so. well i bring it home, he seemed normal, ate and did everything. well couple of days later, he wont eat, swims into things, etc. my black clown picked up his habits. thats when i realized that they had little white dots on them, (ICH). im afraid its too late for the orange clown, but is there anyway i could save my black clown? thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

if they only had it in QT a week when it had ich...that wasnt long enough...he looked normal to you because the cysts had fallen off (giving birth to thousands of more parasites) now they are re-cysting....hopefully you can keep them eating...add garlic supplement to their diet...and shame on your LFS for trading you a fish that was QT for ich!....Good luck my friend, you have a battle on your hands. Read as much research online as you can...healthy fish can fight off the ich, but in this case...:::sigh::: just good luck

4. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

There are ick medicines you can get from the lfs. Some do have copper in them which dont affect fish as much as corals if used, but do affect corals. So you might want to check to see if they contain copper or not if you do have the corals. If your other clownfish is still eating take some frozen food and soak it in liquid garlic it builds immunity in the fish and also helps repel ick and other parasites, and increases appetite.

5. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

pick up some ich-attack its 100% organic and you dont have to do water change once your done with the dosing, it works like a charm! just make sure you shut your skimmer off for about 30mins while it settles in your tank and then kick it back on

6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

well i lost the orange clown, :( CUC wont even touch it. should i try a freshwater dip for my black clown? i cant run to LFS til a couple of days... procedures for dip? besides matching temp what do i do?

7. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Please read this link. The water needs to be the same pH and temp. It only provides some relief and a fish stressed by a bad case may die from the stress of the dip. It is a hard choice, good luck.

Marine Ich - Myths and Facts

10. jdameli1

jdameli1 Torch Coral

So sorry about the ich battling it myself :-(

11. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

thanks corailline for the link, the dip was the only solution available, because my LFS say they quarantined everything,so i thought i'd have no need for a QT. wrong.

Jd, i hope it works out better for you than it did for me.

12. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

match the water temp and ph dip for 5 minutes. i float them in the tank so they can see thier home. it has worked for me. a uv sterilizer also helps. so many pluses to them