I GIVE UP. So frustrated. Im forced out.

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by banthonyb71, Apr 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BlueWaters10

BlueWaters10 Skunk Shrimp

Take it slow and be patient. Dont give up!

2. Click Here!

3. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

You know the comparision they make between internet arguments & the special olympics right?

I would check the temperature setting on your chiller & turn it up a notch or 2, could do some good.

4. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

right and whos trying to argue? and you see me arguing where in this thread? Thanks:)

5. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Most people start threads to share something positive or to ask a question or advice. You started a thread saying you were giving up, much advice was given, and you shot it all down & said you were quitting. I asked what I did to try to figure out the purpose of the thread if you wanted no advice. It was a legitimate question.

Please don't PM me again, thank you.

6. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Yeah, Ive been told. i wont give up. Just may get out from under it for a few months.

7. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Look folks- all of you- it's a tough thing when you try to do something and it doesnt work like you believe it should, advice given is great, but deflate all the ego's. Seriously.

3reef is about helping and conversing, so with that said, let's start this over- all of you- chill- loose the insultive attitudes, and lets try to help someone whom is at wit's end- adding stress to an already stressfull problem serves no good purpose.

banthonty, only you can decide what you want to do, so you need to read thru the advice you have been given, consider the equipment you have, and what your short term vrs. long term goals are.

Once you do this then, and only then, reply to what I have asked you- this will help everyone here ...help you, and belive me we are (I am) trying to help you.

We can only help you if you are open to accept help.

Please consider this before you respond again.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

1st. It was not a legitimate question. It was a sarcastic question at best.

2nd.There is no rule saying people have to start a thread asking for advice.
    Please read forums carfully instead of skimming through them. I was not asking for advice on how to keep my tank going. I was making a statment that I was done with my tank. If you read my original post you'll notice I said I had already posted threads asking advice with parameters. This particular post was just to state i was out of the game period.

Please dont put yourself in the general pool of people saying "much was advice given." Once again, actually read the thread this time! You will notice people where just wishing me well, etc etc.

You on the other hand took my statment of patience out of context. lecturing me on how young my tank was and how I wasnt being patient. I wasnt stating i lost my patience on adding a new fish after an ammonia spike. I was stating, I had lost my patience for the hobby in general! Patience for trying to figure things out. Isnt that when its time to quit, is when youve lost patience or passion for the hobby?
    So I really didnt see why I needed to be lectured on wanting to take a break from the hobby. I do appreciate your advice but it was not to be considered as per my stance.

I pmed you because i was trying to avoid arguing with you because I didnt want to see my thread closed because of it. I dont know if you guys(a couple of the last posters including yourself) are trying to atogonize me because of the whole TOTM thread or what but if you guys dont like what I have to say or my "so called attitude" or me PMing you then just dont post on my threads anymore simple as that. I have been to respond to the last posters wishing me well and ignore the atogonizing.
    Im not a young kid trying to start anything, Im a grown man that will state his opinion regaurdless of what people think and Im not here to argue with anyone unless its a true debate, So think what ya want. say what ya want. your intitiled to yours as well.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  10. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Thank You!

Perhaps I confused some people with my intent so let me clarify.

I appreciate everyones help. I do and always have. all throughtout my time on 3reef. So dont take me wrong. However this thread was more as a need to "Vent" as opposed to a "Cry for Help"

So maybe thats why I confused some people and they thought I didnt respect there advice. But I really am done for now and im just venting out frustration for now, until I fiugure out when I want to contunuie back.

So Yes when my 72 Gallon goes up and I have all proper equipment, then I will appreciate the advice much more, then I will listen and learn as to what it takes to grow SPS sucessfully. just as for now, that advice does me no good, not because "I dont appreciate it' but because Im really out of the desire to adhere to it. Just until I get back out of frustration and into the reefing mindstate once more. Please Understand. and thanks for all the advice.

11. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Now that is how you have a conversation- thank you for clarifing your position.

I wish you well.

12. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Good luck. Hope to see you back.