I give up on birdsnest

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Fiyero1988, Dec 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Fiyero1988

Fiyero1988 Bristle Worm

So it looked fine when I got it then bleached halfway up and then regrew and now it is becoming spotted. I heard they are difficult to keep. Maybe I should just stick with softies.

2. Click Here!

3. Fiyero1988

Fiyero1988 Bristle Worm

oddly enough my Monti Danae is thriving just to stay positive maybe it is just this species.

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

It may be the location, they like good flow and moderate to high lighting. Is the spotting in the area that bleached? I had mine bleach in a few spots and they recovered i thought but then some died off. You could frag the good parts and test placement in various locations to see what is best in your tank.

5. Fiyero1988

Fiyero1988 Bristle Worm

yeah it was one of those it looked amazing last night and then horrible today. I think I will leave SPS to people who check water params. I don't test anything except my temp and salinity and do a 5 gallon water change I suspect PH or ALK swing possibly.

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Yeah you need to have a good dosing system in place for SPS, your monti could start having troubles soon if you don't keep the params steady.