I found this interesting...

Discussion in 'Coral' started by greg31, Jun 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. greg31

greg31 Astrea Snail

So my 20g has been running for a couple months, but as of the last month I have somewhat neglected it. No water changes, but kept the water level where it should be.

A week or so ago I found one of my 3 tiny purple mushrooms (only coral I have atm) was missing. I just thought it died or got eaten by something. Saturday night I did a water change, and cleaned out my ac70. Thinking nothing of it I started dumping everything out of it, but I found surprisingly what I thought to be copepods (looked like small shrimp) and also a very small rubbery thing!

Turns out it was the missing mushroom, and he was living in the bottom of my ac 70. I dont know how well though, almost no light in there. I grabbed him and set him on a rock that seemed safe hoping he would make it. The next day he looks settled in and blooming nice and big.

This was my first experience of something like this. I thought these things were much more fragile, but I have a new respect for these guys.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Mushrooms are very hardy. Congrats on finding it.

4. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Ha, that's great. Those things definitely for better, or for worse, can be pretty indestructible LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. CODEE111

CODEE111 Peppermint Shrimp

I did a water change yesterday that floated back 3 lost mushrooms, my missing Maxi Mini Anemone, and a teeny tiny toadstool mushroom(not sure where he came from). Mushrooms are very hardy. When mine get too big, I cut them off my rocks and stick them into a container. Not only will the cut pieces survive, but they will also rejuvenate themselves back into the same spot they were cut from....thus doubling the population.