I Fell Asleep Making Water

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by adam, Apr 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I use this method also. I have also still left the water running after I heard the beep.:eek:

2. Click Here!

3. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

1 flood (only a gallon or two) was all it took for me to get a water sensing alarm for the kitchen and soon after that the auto-shutoff kit from bulkreefsupply.com. I attached my float valve to my little 5 gallon rubbermaid and it works great. $25 to never have to worry about that again, totally worth it.

4. nctinter

nctinter Skunk Shrimp

Lol Rysam I didnt get banished to the garage but after accidents in the kitchen I decided to do the same and move it in the garage.. My girlfriend was like THANK GOD!

5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I dont even want to think how many times I have flooded making water. Thankfully I have the unit in the basement so it goes directly into the sewer. It still makes a big mess

6. MTips18

MTips18 Purple Spiny Lobster

i've let it happen a couple times but i have a cement floor so i got lucky

7. divott

divott Giant Squid

my big savior for flooding , is last spring our hot water heater let go. soaked the carpet that was on bare floor. i put drycore through the whole basement. any flooding now goes under everything. still is a waste of water tho, but everything stays dry. whew. lol

8. Click Here!

9. janderson2k

janderson2k Flamingo Tongue

LOL I have had similar happen - I usually make about 25 gallons (in a 30 gal tank) to do my water changes and 1 or 2 time either the wifey or myself has let it run a touch too long lol...

10. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

this thread is too funny!

i did this in the bathroom of my 2nd floor apartment. feel asleep at 11 pm woke up at 6am. to my maint. guy calling asking if my toilet was overflowing.!lol. celling downstairs was a lil wet. i got lucky tho. they fixed it up and never said anything about it. prob cause i have paid them on time rent for the last 5 yrs. unlike the other people that just leave at night after 2 months .lol

i put my ro in the basement utility sink now. works out better anyways cause the pressure is like 10 psi greater than up in my aprt.

11. infamous

infamous Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Flooded the garage more than 10 times :), then i got this bad boy hooked up directly to the RO/DI unit

I think to myself, ok im gona start this and play a few rounds of Call of Duty 4, but then i go and read articles on the internet, get some food and take a nap. ..lol

12. piezopaul

piezopaul Bristle Worm

After my last flood I got to buy a shop vac to vacumn the rug. Holy cow, those auto shut offs sound like a great idea. i hadn't thought of it. My wife was not too impressed after my last flood!- Paul